TCI to Luperon! (Sailing Satori) S2:E16

While we waited for weather, we got to hang out on one of most beautiful beaches in TCI! White sand, clear water, and mostly deserted. What more could you ask for? The weather window finally came and we took it! Off to the Dominican Republic we went.

We arrived! – Turks and Caicos (Sailing Satori) E1:E14

We made it! After a 5 hour delay due to engine trouble, we finally pull into Turtle Cove Marina. We spend time with our friends that flew in as well as tackle a few boat projects. Arthur is ecstatic that he is at a dock again. He spends his days waiting to jump off Satori and go exploring. 🙂

A Night on RUM and CROOKED Seas! S2:E11 (Sailing Satori)

We leave George Town to make the run to Turks and Caicos. Our friends from Florida and Minnesota are renting a house there so we decided it would be amazing if we could show up and surprise them! We planned it out and it will take 4 sails to arrive safely. This is the first 1/2 of our journey. Things get gnarly in the end!

Swimming with Mermaids & A Wet Ride to Georgetown (Sailing Satori) S2:E10

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/k-D0fj4zg40″ frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>

We’re headed to Georgetown, in weather that we normally wouldn’t sail in. My Abuelo passed away and I had to fly back to the states. You know the saying….”when you’re on a schedule, that’s when sh*t happens!” And its almost always been true. However we make it safely and find a mermaid along the way.

Pig Beach & Thunderball Grotto – Bahamas (Sailing Satori) S2:E9

We take cover from more heavy winds in Bitter Guana Cay. This is a little island about 2 miles south of Staniel Cay. Of course we had to take a dinghy ride over to the Big Majors to see the piggies! We got soaked riding against the waves but flew with the waves going back to Satori. We also got a chance to act like James Bond and snorkle Thunderball Grotto!

 

Winter in the Tropics? (Sailing Satori) S2:E8

We made it to Warderick Wells to wait out high winds that would last for a few days. It got up into the 40 knot range! We take advantage of a short window and made a jump to Staniel Cay. Kelly was freezing in the 70 degree weather!